“To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” Luke 1:79 (KJV)
The Kingdom of God is the highest kingdom in the universe. It has a place in it for everyone who is born again. Everyone who is born again has a role to play in the Kingdom of God. If you don’t know what your role is as a child of God, the opening scripture will gives you an idea: You are to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death and to guide their feet into the way of peace. While being a child of God brings many perks and benefits that nothing in this life can rival, it also entails great duties that are very fulfilling and satisfying when we do them with all our heart. After all, these are but the things that we were meant to do: things that please and glorify God, and bring our fellowmen into the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. In other words, once you are born again, you become a vessel in the hand of God to be used to bless people, especially bringing them to the knowledge of Christ Jesus so that they can be saved. To be able to live up to this expectation, you must devote your time to studying the Word of God and fellowshipping.
Hallelujah! Be An Overcomer! Be responsible.
RESPONSIBILITY OF A CHRISTIAN
Christians have a great responsibility as servants of the Lord. Knowing what these responsibilities are his but the first step is to live a fruitful Christian life. Do you know your responsibilities as an ambassador of Christ and a child of God?
- Preach the gospel to everyone in the world (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:18-20) “And then [Jesus] told [His disciples], “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.” Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Be a soul winner Proverbs 4:18 ;”But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. Soul winning is every christain responsibility, let Endeavour to be a soul winner today.
- Love God before self and others (Matthew 22:36-40) “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second commandment is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
- Defend others in need (Proverbs 31:8-9) “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.”
- Help a fellow believer get back on the right path (Galatians 6:1-3) “Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.”
- Do what is good because of God’s grace (Titus 3:1-7) “Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good. They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarrelling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone. Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other. But when God our Saviour revealed His kindness and love, He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously