“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33”
Jesus Christ touched on many subjects before talking about peace and tribulation. Some of the subjects He touched on are His departure to heaven, the coming of the Holy Spirit, and the persecutions awaiting His disciples. He then went on to say that everything He had said was to give the disciples peace in Him. The Word of God provides peace; He also told them the plain truth of what awaited them so that when they went through it, they would be comforted. The children of God will go through tribulation because sin has overturned creation to oppose anything that is godly. This is the severity of Adam and Eve’s sin. You will face even greater tribulation when you talk worldly talk, but when you talk faith you will enjoy peace. Let take a look at the life of job, he was a man full of integrity and he feared God. But God still kept his covenant with him, God was with him through the tribulations he passed through. At the end God restore him with perfect peace. And the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? He still holds fast his integrity, although you incited me against him to destroy him without reason.” (Job 2:3). Dearly beloved, don’t lose faith in God he will always help us over come the challenges of life. Just has he said in (Deuteronomy 31:6) Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. God has promised to stand by us through out our TRIBULATIONS, God is forever faithful with his beloved. Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. (Proverbs 30:5).
Characteristics of Peace
1. Great in its foundation, (Psalm 119:165 (KJV) says; Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. and Isaiah 54:13 (KJV) says; And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.)
2. Real; not the delusive calm of a hollow truce, nor the deceitful tranquility of stolid indifference and thoughtless apathy. An ice-bound river is at peace; a motionless corpse. In true peace there is life and activity as well as rest.
3. Abiding; secure and certain, a peace that lives independently of circumstances, “which the world can neither give nor take away,” the unruffled undercurrent, beneath the grounds well of the Christian’s sorrows; a peace not often disturbed, and never finally overthrown.
4. Incomprehensive, both to the men of this world and saints of God as well.
5. Abundant (Jeremiah 33:6), flowing in many channels, and filling the heart (Romans 15:13 (KJV) says; Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.).
I pray may God grant you the grace and strength to keep trusting him during TRIBULATIONS.
You are an over comer in Christ Jesus.
God bless you!!!.