Psalms 69:9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
Zeal mean great energy or enthusiasm connected with something that you feel strongly possitive about. It also means dedication for something. If you have zeal for some thing you will be willingly, energised and be motivated to do your best. Zeal also mean our devotion to God. Just like Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.” (John 4:34). Zeal can also be seen as eagerness to do the will of God. Jesus sees the work of his father as food. Without carrying out the task jesus is not yet fullfilled. Every man that is zealous with the things of God will be greatly rewarded. Numbers 25:11-13 Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy.
Wherefore say, Behold, I give unto him my covenant of peace:
And he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel. This his God for us all, once we are zealous about his will, he will surely reward us. Hebrews 11:6 he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. No man seek God and ever remain stranded in life. The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. (Lamentations 3:25)
THOSE WITH THE ZEAL OF THINE HOUSE.
- JESUS: Jesus left use with and example of hard work. Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. Jesus went about doing something, he wasnt sitting around. That his why he was not poor. Some preachers are poor not because ther are preachers, but because they are not hard working. There is diligent and profit in labour. Proverbs 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.
- JOSEPH: Joseph made his way to the top through diligence, until he was put in charge of entire Egypt. Genesis 41:38-40, 44 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.
- ABRAHAM: Abraham enjoy a fulfilling life in sorting after God. He also enjoyed length of days.Genesis 24:1 And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things.Genesis 25:7-8 And these are the days of the years of Abraham’s life which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years. Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.
- DAVID: David was full of God’s glory and Grace when he sort after God. Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
- DANIEL: Daniel enjoy continuous change of levels with his walk with God.Daniel 6:1-3 It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom; And over these three presidents; of whom Daniel was first: that the princes might give accounts unto them, and the king should have no damage. Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.
- SOLOMON: Solomon experience dramatic Riches and honour from God. He love God and seek after him. Proverbs 3:16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Proverbs 8:17, 21 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
- PAUL: Paul also experience supernatural enthronement. 2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. There is always a crown for every enduring believer that sort after God. I pray may God duely reward us Amen.
There are alot of people whom we can make reference of, whom the zeal of thine house has been in there heart such as Hannah, Ruth, Naomi, and so on. I pray may God grant you the grace to pant after him in Jesus name Amen.
The keys to enhance your zeal
- Get excited In the things of God.Nehemiah 4:6 So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work.
- Be serious with the work of God.Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.
- Be diligent with the work of God.
Proverbs 22:29 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.