Nothing works in the kingdom of God outside of faith; it takes faith to get any result in this kingdom (Mark 9:23 (KJV) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth).
Faith is the principal instrument we must make us of to do exploit (Hebrews 11:32-34 (KJV) And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.) And to express faith, we should give thanks to God in advance for our faith.
WHAT IF FAITH?
There are many ways at which we call what means to us, which we will take these few below as our definition of faith;
Faith can be said to be an unweaving confident in God until the desire result is obtain. (Romans 4:19-21 (KJV) And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara’s womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.)
Faith can also be defined to be the sharing responsibility with God in the face of scriptures, thereby committing God to make good His promise. (Mark 16:20 (KJV) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen).
Faith is a spiritual engraftment of one into God whereby turning an individual to a sign. ( Mark 10:27 (KJV) And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible).
Faith is not waiting for God to work; it is putting God’s word to work thereby committing God to make good of His promise to us. (James 2:17-18 (KJV) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works).
And on a final note we can say faith is a spiritual trigger for supernatural. (John 14:12 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father).
CHARACTERISTICS OF FAITH
- It is confidently restful; (Hebrews 4:9-12 (KJV) There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart).
- It is being spiritually resolute; (Hebrews 10:38 (KJV) Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him).
- It is offensive (ie) it reacts and roar against the adversaries Matthew 11:12 (KJV) And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
- It is Supernaturally Boldness Proverb 30:30 (KJV) A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any;
- It is fearless 1 Samuel 17: 32-33 And David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.
- It prolonged days (longevity) Numbers 14: 37-38 Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the LORD. But Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of the men that went to search the land, lived still.
- It is authoritative; faith does not negotiate Daniel2: 16-19 Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation. Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions: That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
FAITH IS A MUST
Faith is not optional; just like breathing is a must to keep us alive, same is faith is a must to be spiritually alive in the kingdom of God. Everyone on the planet earth who belong to this kingdom and despite faith will never obtain good report because there is no mountain that faith cannot level Hebrew 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
WHY IS FAITH A MUST
- It is our access to the realm of glory ( 1John 11:40, 1 Corinthian 15:21).
- It is the key to fulfillment of prophecy ( Luke 1:45).
- It is the key to profitable living ( 1 Timothy4:15).
- It is the key to a world of exploit (Daniel 11:32).
- It is the key to getting unusual results ( 1 Samuel 17:20-50).
- It is the key to supernatural breakthrough (Hebrew 11:2-10).
WHAT IS THE WORTH OF FAITH
Faith is one of those values that is incalculable in its worth. But we want explore how your faith has three kinds of worth.
- Your Faith Possesses Spiritual Worth–It Reaches Up!
Jesus said to his disciples, “Have faith in God” (Matt 11:22). Unbelief has always been the besetting sin of God’s people (Heb. 3;12). Since God’s thoughts and ways far surpass ours, we may not always understand the “why” behind his purpose and plan. But faith calls for us to overcome our doubts and fears. Paul reminds us that “we walk by faith and not by sight” (2 Cor 5:17).
Spiritual faith accepts Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God. There have always been doubters and naysayers. In Jesus’ day, “he came unto his own, but his own did not receive him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12).
Spiritual faith accepts the Bible as the Word of God. Many doubt it. Reject it. Or even vilify it. However, there is incredible evidence, both internally and externally that the Bible is divinely inspired. Paul commended the Thessalonians for their acceptance of God’s Word.
“For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe” (2 Thess 2:13).
- Faith also has an Interpersonal Worth–It Reaches Out
When we have “faith in the Faith” it makes a difference in our relationships. Families guided and guarded by faith have better homes. Happier marriages. Obedient children. And when challenges assult our homes, faith allows us to endure and overcome the obstacles.
People of faith enjoy social relationships and apply the second great commandment–“love your neighbor as yourself. The Faith directs us in honest and honorable business endeavors. Faith addresses our civil duties and responsibilities to obey governmental laws. And, of course, our mutual faith with brethren issues itself in love, respect, encouragement, edification and forgiveness.
- Faith has a personal worth–It Reaches into Your Inner Most Self.
Faith provides peace. Gives comfort. And offers hope. Our personal faith is of great value in fulfilling our purpose in life and finding personal fulfillment. Peter was right. Your faith is of greater worth than gold!
Paul said the Word “performs its work in you who believe.” Changed lives demonstrate the value of faith. People released from Satan’s servitude, and sin’s shackles are a powerful testimony to the spiritual worth of your faith.
Three Nuggets on Building our Faith
- By hearing and studying the Word of God consistently. That is where we have a challenge. Our generation is used to “now, now result”. It may work with any other thing, it will not work with the Word of God. You cannot do one-leg-in and one-leg-out and expect to get result from God. We must study the word consistently. Friends, take time to stay in the presence of God, your destiny depends on it.
- By meditating on the word (Joshua 1: 80. I am sure all of us are interested in good success? The way to it is to ponder on the Word of God. It is a booster of spiritual understanding, which provokes faith.
- Byprayingin the Holy Ghost (Jude1:20).PrayingintheHolyGhostisasure way of energizing your faith. It is a sure way of activating the same and the sure way of growing in power.
NOTE THIS: if you cannot say it, you cannot have it; and anything you don’t like you will lack it, so if u don’t say and like faith my dear you will lack it; because faith is the vital link between man and God so that man can realize what God can do in our lives.
God bless you all for you support and time
Please kindly drop your opinions and comments.