Weapons to guide your heart from ungodly character
My dear God is interested in your heart so as the Satan too is so much interested in your heart, because from the heart a man makes decision of his journey in this precious world, therefore, for a man to guide his heart in a Godly way he must use the following weapon fight the ungodly thoughts that comes to his heart;
- The Word of God (BIBLE); (John 1:1 (KJV)In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God). And also (Joshua 1:8 (KJV)This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.)
- The Precious Name of JESUS; (Proverbs 18:10 (KJV)The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.) also in (Philippians 2:9-11 (KJV) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.)
- The Holy Spirit; (Zechariah 4:6 (KJV) Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, this is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.) Also in (Acts 1:8 (KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.)
- The Blood of Jesus; (Revelation 12:11 (KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.) Also in (Hebrews 9:14 (KJV) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?) we can also see (Leviticus 17:11 (KJV) For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.) And also in (Zechariah 9:11-12 (KJV) As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even today do I declare that I will render double unto thee).
The place of mind; the mind is so powerful and has the ability to determine one’s character, where one’s character is a function of the state one’s mind, because a person value or worth in life is essentially a product of the use of one’s mind. (Proverbs 23:7 (KJV) For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee). So therefore, the mind must be renewing and the basic instrument to be used to renew the mind is the Word of God. (Romans 12:2 (KJV)And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God).
Sins begins in the mind (James 1:13-15 (KJV) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.)
Ways to renew your mind
There are three (3) basically ways to always renew the mind which are;
- Reading the Word of God (THE BIBLE) without season (Joshua 1:8 (KJV) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success)
- Listening to Biblical Message
- Reading Anointed Books from Great Men of God
Because if we will win the battle in the mind, we will win the war over sin (Romans 8:5-10 (KJV) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness). And if we lose battle in the mind, we will lose in life. BECAUSE THE BATTLE FIELD IS THE MIND.
Four 4 Acid Test to Differentiate the Work of God from That of Satan
- Purity; (Philippians 4:8 (KJV) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things).
- Goodness; same Philippians 4:8
- Alignment with the Word of God; (Psalm 138:2 (KJV)I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name).
Some of the Godly character we should attain as a Christian are as follows;
- Honesty, (2 Corinthians 4:2 (KJV) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God).
- Integrity, (Psalm 78:72 (KJV) So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skillfulness of his hands).
- Servanthood, (John 12:26 (KJV) If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor).
- Love, (1 John 4:7-9 (KJV) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him).
- Humility/Meekness, (Psalm 25:9 (KJV) The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way).
- Diligent, (Proverbs 22:29 (KJV) Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men).
- Discipline, (2 Timothy 2:3-4 (KJV)Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier).
- Holiness, (Luke 1:74-75 (KJV) That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life).
- Good Moral Excellence, (1 Timothy 3:7 (KJV) Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil).
- Decent Outward Appearance, (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s). and many more.
Ways to develop good Christian character
Godly character is not a gift but a virtue to develop over time, so here are some ways which you can use to develop a Godly character;
- Have A Desire, A Determination and A Passion; (Matthew 5:6 (KJV) Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled).
- Always have a Word study and Meditation; (2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth).
- Seek for the help of the Holy spirit; (John 14:26 (KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you).
- Keep wise company; (Proverbs 13:20 (KJV) He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed).
- Always practice the Word of God; (James 1:22 (KJV) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves).
PLEASE LET US NOTE THAT FOR THE EARNEST EXPECTATION OF THE CREATURE WAITETH FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD (ROMANS 8:19)
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
LOVE YOU ALL