A Personal Relationship with God
Picture the relationship that Jesus shared with His Heavenly Father. Jesus was the only begotten Son of the Father. The relationship the two shared while Jesus was on earth was unparalleled (John 1:14; 6:46; 1 John 4:9). Through Jesus Christ, we experience God’s presence, strengthening our relationship:
- Love – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
- Sacrifice – “…But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world” (1 John 2:1–2).
- Faithfulness – “God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful” (1 Corinthians 1:9).
- Mercy – “…For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ” (Romans 3:23–24).
- Peace – “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).
- Joy – “…We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ…and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God” (Romans 5:1–2).
- Eternity – “I [Jesus] give them eternal life, and they shall never perish…My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one” (John 10:28–30).
NOTE: A personal relationship with God begins with knowing His Son Jesus Christ. Our earthly relationships change. You and I are destined for change. But Jesus is changeless. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. When you draw near to Jesus Christ, you will be changed. HALLELUJAH
PLEASE KINDLY DROP YOUR COMMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS. GOD BLESS YOU !!!
Be vigilant for the Part 2 Thanks